On March 11, the World Health Organization characterized COVID-19 as a Pandemic. The following day Elite Fire Protection activated the Disease Outbreak Policy of our Emergency Response/Business Continuity Plan. The Disease Outbreak Policy is our action plan for maintaining essential services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
At Elite Fire Protection, we understand our responsibility to maintain the life safety systems of you our customer, and have established the following procedures in order to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, community and to preserve our ability to access; residential, institutional, community, commercial and industrial buildings for the purpose of maintaining, repairing and inspecting life safety equipment.
Following the guidelines of the WHO and the BC Centre for Disease Control, we have…
- Initiated pandemic information communication to all staff emphasizing basic infection prevention measures including; hand hygiene, social distancing and self-monitoring for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Added disinfecting procedures to our routine office cleaning activities.
- Providing up-to-date education and training to staff on COVID-19 risk factors and protective behaviours.
- Isolating staff members that have travelled outside of Canada since the WHO pandemic declaration.
- Cancelled In-suite testing of fire protection equipment
- Provided masks, gloves and shoe covers to all Technicians.
- Established a Loading Dock Quarantine Zone to isolate potential COVID-19 contaminated surfaces arriving at our offices.
- Encouraging administrative staff to work from home.
- Monitoring and updating our infection prevention procedures as health services information develops.
We thank you for your patience and acceptance of any limitations to accessing our services this Policy may require.